A programmable timer means you don't have to worry about turning your lights off before you go to bed. If you want the lights to turn on right when it gets dark, all you have to do is set it and forget it.
There are two way to set timer on LED Indoor String Lights:
Method A: Timer Button on the battery box of string lights
- Once you turn on the lights, the default timing mode is in 4H and "4H" LED light on.
In a 24-hour time period, the lights are pre-programmed to go on for 4 hours, and off for 20 hours.
- To switch timing period by pressing the "Timer" button.
6H: 6hrs on, 18hrs off
8H: 8hrs on, 16hrs off
24H: Switch to 24H and the "24H" led light on which means no timing (the lights will be on all day)
To turn the timer on starting at 1:00 pm, switch to “TIMER ON” at 1:00 pm to begin the timer. The string lights will go off at 7:00 pm automatically; and turn on at 1:00 pm automatically the following day, then off at 7:00 pm for every 24 hour period until the timer function is canceled or until the battery runs dead.
Method B: Timer button on Remote Control
As the lights comes with a remote control, you don't need to crouch down and crawl behind your tree or climb on a ladder up to your rafters when you want to change the lights' settings at home.
- When using for the first time, remove the protective transparent tab covering the remote (as below picture) to activate the battery
- Press ON or OFF button to activate or deactivate the lights.
- Press "4H", "6H" or "8H" to select different timing period.
- Press "24H" to disable timing function.